Pages

Thursday, March 2, 2017

Carnaval 2017

Well we finally escaped the house! I remember that last year felt even longer. This time was super fast for me! How did we keep ourselves entertained. Well... Scriptures... that´s it.. No I´m kidding. I´m not THAT boring. We did excersises. Card games and we cleaned the house from corner to corner to corner. We had some wonderful neighbors bring us food, so we did some Ecuadorian cooking! It was good! I started reading the Teachings of Gordon B Hinkcley because 1) it just got to this country and 2) I feel that "My childhood prophet" as I read it and it is really uplifting.

Well this week had some very unexpected events. Remember Froilan? Well everything was ready to go with the wife isn´t too excited about it so I am sure that he will be baptized a little after this!
The Lord blest us with another random investigator in church this Sunday. I feel like "the windows of heaven" are open and there certainly is not enough room to recieve it. But that´s only with tithing right? 

I am so grateful to the Lord for the chance to teach his children. This week a couple of investigators that we have been teaching for a while came to church and others finally accepted to get ready to be baptized. The Lord is blessing this city a whole lot because the sisters and elders of our zone are having a lot of success as well. 

I have been reading these last couples day a talk that I may have shared with everyone already. It is called the 4th Missionary. I love it with all my heart! The point of the talk is that I can work as a missionary with all my might and strength for 2 years but it won´t do me any good if I don´t put my heart into it. What a blessing it is to be able to give up everything to the Lord and allow Him to change you. He sure is changing me. I owe everything that has happened in my life and everything that has happened in this mission to Him. 

Best time of my life :)

Love you all! 

Elder Devan Alder


Photos: The birthday of Felix my "Last companion"
Exchange with some of the elders in our zone! Great experience!
Exchange with the assistants! And it happened to be the same day of our district meeting






No comments:

Post a Comment