Pages

Monday, February 20, 2017

First Storms

Well the streets are really filling up here in Machala! As you can see by the pictures! Luckily that was the only time we got wet this week! But I can not explain how filled those streets were! It was quite the experience and that day and yesterday were the first times I have seen lightning and heard thunder in this Country. I sure have missed those stroms. But Utah rain is like sprinkling here! 

Well just to let everyone know. Carnaval is this next week here in Ecuador and if you remember from last year that means party in the house because if you walk outside, you are bound to be soaked with water, flour, eggs, and whatever else they can find. And two people walking around in nice clean white shirts is a big old target for, "LET´S GET THEM" So I won´t respond to all your wonderful letters until Wednesday, but I am A.Okay! 

This week was absolutely wonderful! It is always a miracle when someone accepts a Baptismal Date and then you a week from that date and the investigator asks you if they are ready to be baptized and at what time is their baptism! Please keep Froilan Quevedo in your prayers! 

We got to paint a couple of rooms this week and contact a refurall that seemed to live in the other city but for some reason it is still part of our ward. AND I just want to say, moving to another topic, I love companionship inventory. I think I have already said this but what a wonderful time for two companions that want to help one another progress. My companion and I are progressing a lot and I love how direct and blunt this side of the planet is. 
We have been talking a lot about how some people can be exactly obedient and lose charity (Like the Pharises in the Bible) but that doesn´t mean we can´t just stop being obedient. So I would like to ask all of you. With the manuals the Church has given us. Can you be obedient with exactness and still love your brother? 

I love this Church. I am grateful for His teachings. I don´t know what I would do if I wasn´t born in this church. Sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ is something so small but has such a big impact on the lives of millions (mostly on mine) I love being a missionary. 

Love you all and wish you all a wonderful week. 

Newsflash of the week: Read your scriptures :)

Elder Devan Alder







No comments:

Post a Comment