Pages

Monday, August 8, 2016

Spiritual Success

Thank you all for your prayers this week. We had the oportunity to have the baptism of Kenny! He was super happy and even if the water was cool, gave a great testimony to all of us in the service! In the photos We are in the recently built baptismal font(spell check?) and the other I´m with the family of Kenny in our little "Photo Shoot" With the name of a church behind us. The other elders in the branch also had two families baptized along with kenny so it was a wonderful baptismal service. And Elder Humble and I sang with the 1st counselor of the Primary, "I feel my savoirs love" (I just love singing) 

Maybe the only sad part was that the investiagators aren´t attending church. Now don´t think I am complaining or sad. If we read in Preach My gospel, success in the mission consists in feeling the spirit and trying your very hardest to do everything you can to help His children. Also says that true disciples of christ feel sad when their brothers and sisters chose the wrong path. So I have been pondering a lot about the success that one person has in his or her mission. There are missionaries that baptize a lot of people, there are others that don´t. There are missionaries that are soo involved in their investigators that they cry and others that just want people in the water. So where do we find success? Where do we find "joy in the journey"? It´s found in the Spirit. It´s found in Christ. I can´t help but put a huge smile on my face when we leave the house. I can´t help but smile to think about all the things I need to do to help better missionary work here. I can´t help but smile when 12 young single adults are called as branch missionaries this sunday and after church we divide them up and we did divisions in 3 groups all day sunday! I can´t help but smile to see my companion put his whole heart into the work that we do. Maybe we lack a couple of investigators in church but I don´t think I´ve been so happy in my mission! Why? Because my companion and I are trying to keep our "eye single to" His glory. And it is helping us a lot! 

Love this work, love this branch, love my companion, love the food, love the laughs, love the people.

Love you guys!

Elder Alder





No comments:

Post a Comment