Pages

Monday, February 5, 2018

Obedience equals happiness

If you haven't seen in the past couple posts, this year's theme for me is obedience. As I study the scriptures this year, I come across common themes that the Lord is really wants me to hear. This is week's personal study brought me to study Ephesians chapter six. One of the footnotes took me to 2 Corinthians 10:5 which says:"Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ..." I really loved this scripture as soon as I read it. I believe this is a wonderful parallel with our premortal life. It was Satan that tried to exalt himself over God the Father. Jesus Christ was the one that gave the glory to His Father. Satan was then cast down and out of the presence of the Premortal world. As so should be the thoughts that we have. If we find a thought that is raising itself above the Lord, it should be cast out. If a thought is bringing glory to God, keep it and cherish it. What a wonderful way to fight against temptations of this world. The root of temptation is thought and if we can "Look unto [him], doubt not, fear not", we can overcome the root of sin. I personally believe this is why the prophets have told us to read the Book of Mormon everyday so that we may have control of our thoughts. 

You've got to love the gospel and the scriptures. 

Have a wonderful week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment