Pages

Monday, February 19, 2018

Strength in Prayer

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentines!
This week was wonderful! It was filled to the brim with work and activities which can make it exciting and stressful at the same time. Sometimes, since we all get busy, the activities pile up and we seem to want to take a break or rest for a little bit. Of course rest is necessary and I do not think resting is bad but, sometimes it's a distraction, right? I certainly felt that many times this week. One particular night I was feeling tired and knew that I still needed to study for and take a test before the night was over. I studied for a small time and found myself not concentrating because I was so exhausted from the day's activities. The thought came to my mind: "Just rest for a little and then you can take your test." This was tempting but then another thought entered my mind, "You haven't studied the scriptures today." The spirit was right; I hadn't studied yet. I grabbed my Book of Mormon and started to read and suddenly I had enough energy to complete the task at hand!
The scripture that we studied this week in class came to my mind: "Blessed are they who do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." Matthew 5:6. This means, at least to me, that if our focus is on doing the right, the Lord will fill that desire. I am well aware that the Spirit can tell you to take a nap, so take it! But managing my time that day was what I was searching for and the Lord helped me. He can help each of us if our daily focus is on Him and on the Kingdom. As we strive to do what is right, we will be filled. Filled doesn't mean that we will be happy all the time. It means satisfied that the Lord approves of what we are doing. I sure do love this gospel and pray that I may serve even better.

Devan Alder 


No comments:

Post a Comment