Pages

Monday, January 29, 2018

Willing to Keep the Commandments

I guess I need to apologize for not posting this last week. It just skipped my mind but I did post something, just not on Facebook. 
Well I certainly had a wonderful week! Personally I learned that spirituality is like a motivational force; the more you have, the more you can do!
I was reading and studying this week about Adam and Eve (I'm pretty sure that most of the church has been studying this around the same time). I came across Moses 5:6 "And after many days an angel of the Lord appeared unto Adam, saying: Why dost thou offer sacrifices unto the Lord? And Adam said unto him: I know not, save the Lord commanded me." We have heard this scripture a lot in the church as an object lesson for obedience. I also believe that that this is a principle that we all experience during our life times. There is always one, or some, commandments that are either tedious to keep or come with no apparent reason behind the commandment. This is happened to me but, I always find comfort knowing that in the future (most likely not by an angel) we will find out the "why" we are keeping that particular commandment. It is nice to note that in the scripture is says, "after many days". I may not know the reason I should keep a commandment but, if I do, I will find out in the near future and receive blessings for keeping it. Does not this lesson remind you of John 7:17? If I want to know if a teaching is from God, all I need to do is act and I will know by the Holy Ghost that it is from God. I hope we may all keep the small commandments so we can see the big blessings that follow.

Have a wonderful week!

Devan Alder




No comments:

Post a Comment