Pages

Monday, January 15, 2018

Mission Over?

I'm not sure why it took me this long to figure this out but, the mission didn't end when I was released as a missionary. Was not Christ a missionary after He left this Earth? Being a missionary is just a volunteer of time in order to grow spiritually while bring others along the journey. Why does it have to stop? I still have spiritual experiences weekly! Why not continue to Light The World? I've decided to keep my weekly letter of spirituality going for myself and those who may need it. Most of my experiences happen in my religious classes studying the scriptures but hopefully that won't be the end of my experiences.

This past week, I began to study Jesus Christ and His Everlasting Gospel. I have a wonderful professor who allows the spirit to be present every class. We opened up to Moses 1 to talk about the differences between God, Satan, and us in this chapter. The irony is that this was the topic in last week's Sunday School. My first thought was: "What more can I take from this chapter?" That thought was turned on its head immediately. My favorite verse was Moses 1:21 "And now Satan began to tremble, and the earth shook; and Moses received strength, and called upon God saying: In the name of the Only Begotten, depart hence, Satan." There is much to learn from this one verse. I first thought that the only way to beat Satan was through Jesus Christ. Although that is true, there is more to the story. Moses had just seen God and had a wonderful spiritual experience. Of course, Satan comes tempting right after a spiritual high. Moses resists three times saying "depart, Satan" but he never leaves. On the fourth try, Moses uses the name of Jesus Christ and Satan finally departs. The lesson for life is that God never intended that we beat Satan alone. Of course we need courage on our own part. We need to show our strength in the side of adversity but, the plan never meant for us to fight alone. We must always call upon the Lord when we are tempted. Without Him, we may tire and give up fighting the fiery darts but, He is there. "Where shall I find Him? Where shall I seek? He is here and now. Jesus YOUR Savior" I definitely needed this scripture this week. I hope you do too.





Devan Alder

No comments:

Post a Comment