Pages

Monday, July 4, 2016

How to Celebrate a Holiday

Well looks like today is some great day... haha. Not much more to do except eat a hot dog, sing the national anthem and get to work, haha (Oh the mission)

Well super exciting this week! Lots of things are happening and I am not sure if I can keep up with everything! First of on Wednesday we got to meet Presidente Moreno (President Brown hehe) with all his family! They are some pretty tall Colombians. They are so excited to be here! We had about 2 hours between the time we got there and when they got there. So The assistants, Elder Smith and Elder Cordero asked me to do a musical number. So I was praticing most of the time and had time to one of my greatest mentors here in the mission: Elder Smith. He was my Zone leader for 3 months and taught me a lot. He helped me understand a little big more God´s will for me. Why I am here and what I should be doing. I will always be very greatful for the leaders who push for greatness and achieve miracles! 

One miracle for us this week is the up coming baptism! His name is Victor Tinoco if you could keep him in your prayers. He is the father of our bishop has 88 years old, a little crazy, but with a desire so strong to be part of this church. Everytime he prays, he says "Help me to learn more about this church that WE are apart of" It is so great! 

We are really working a lot more with the people that the members know this week. So we decided to start an English class in the Church and (see picture) these are the invitationes that a member made to help us! Super cool and super helpful to contact in the streets. "Hey you! Do like English? Do you go to Church? Will you be baptized?" (Something like that, hehe) 

Well the scripture of the week has to go to Acts 13 or 15 and which ever chapter has a verse 52. Because it says that disciples of Jesus Christ have joy and the Spirit. So if you have the spirit, SMILE 

Love you all! Work hard, play hard, and now smile hard

Elder Alder :)




No comments:

Post a Comment