Pages

Monday, December 21, 2015

A Snowy Christmas to a Sweaty Christmas

Hola mi familia y amigos. ¡Bienvenidos a Pradera, Guayaquil! 

So we finished our last performance in the Choir in Estaca Cisne, said our goodbyes, took pictures, packed up and the next day off to work! Kind of thought I would be sent back to the nice cold Mountains........

Here´s the rest of the email, These little computers are as old as I am (which is almost 19 haha)

But I was called to Pradera Guayaquil where it is about this Hot: Guayaquil, Guayas
MON
High
100°F
38°C
Low
76°F
25°C





My companion is Elder Sican. I met him in Loja during a training so I knew a little about him before hand. He is from Guatamala. Studied a little bit of Medicine before his mission. Has 15 months in the mission. He also trained an elder from my group so he already knows the reputation of us Utah folk. Maybe reputation is the wrong word. I don´t know. He knows what to expect! 
So I absolutely love are ward here! (Yeah a real ward. What?) They are sarcastic, funny, loud, very helpful in the work here, and they make some absolutley wonderful food. I can´t tell you how much I sweated during our Lunch of Cerviche de Pescado (Still was buenísimo) 
We are working really hard to find a chosen investigador that is ready to preapare to be baptized. We have talk a lot this week. (Because in this sector, we just have to walk, there is no need to take a bus 20 minutes away) Everything is nice an close and we can just walk to each houses. We have done a lot of door knocking this week to share the message of Christmas. We haven´t found the success that the Lord expects of us yet but as they say: "¡Ya mismo!"

Love this time of year and love when I get to sing Christmas songs (Ward activity, during lessons) I really brings the spirit faster than most of the things I know of. This week I have been pondering about the Scriptures Matthew 5:48, 3 Nephi 18:48, and 3 Nephi 27:27.
We need to be perfect but how? Ha nacido un Salvador. Christ is the way, the light and the life. Only through him can we be perfected. Only through our Savior will we react our potential! As it was declared in Conference. Center your life in Christ. This is how we can reach our goals and become who we were meant to become!

I declare that He lives. I have felt it and I desire that all of you may feel it as well.

Feliz Navidad

Elder Alder


Elder Alder & Elder Sican

Mission Choir


No comments:

Post a Comment