Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2018

What A Week!

I sure hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! I loved this week! 1) Because, as I said last time, thinking about the Savior an entire week with what He did that week 2018 years ago is absolutely amazing! 2) General Conference was absolutely wonderful with a myriad of changes and revelation!

This week, I have been pondering a lot about Easter this week and what it means to me. A couple of weeks ago, I had the opportunity of participating in a mock Passover (Mormon style). It was a wonderful experience and as I ponder on the Sacrament, Easter, and the Atonement, each mean so much more to me as I put them in the context of the Passover service that was done anciently and still done by Jews and Mormons who want to. Let me demonstrate what I mean, Exodus 12:8 "And they shall eat the flesh [of the lamb] in that night, roast with fire, and unleavened bread; and with bitter herbs they shall eat it." Since Jesus Christ, Himself, gave this law, it is no wonder the wonderful symbolism. Imagine putting a spoon of horseradish into your mouth, representing the bitter herbs, then the bread, and finally a small glass of grape juice (it was wine then). The foreshadowing of this simple process is amazing. When you feel disgusted and pained by the bitter herbs, then you take some bread and that disgust is absorbed in the bread and it no longer bothers you. After, you drink of red juice and are left a sweet taste on your tongue. The bitter herbs are sins. The bread of life absorbs all the effects of that nasty sin that you just partaken of. Then, so that we feel better, we drink of His blood and we are left feeling sweet. This symbol is so helpful for me to realize the important of the Sacrament and how I should view it. Without this experience, I may have not known such and experience and how it connects with the gospel. Try is sometime and you will see and feel why the Lord instituted the Passover and appreciate the Sacrament each week. I know as I learn more, I can feel more of that sweet taste of the Christ's redeeming blood.

Have a wonderful week!

Devan Alder



No comments:

Post a Comment