Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2018

Consider the Lilies

I sure hope everyone has recovered at least a little bit from the different policy changes from General Conference. I think now we know what we need to do and how we need to do it. For me, school is coming to an end and we'll being going into summer. I certainly have a lot to think about this summer and have definitely been stressed from the plans that need to be made and the things that need to be done. In the words of Elder Christofferson, "Sometimes thinking to hard in ahead is damaging... We need to take each day one at a time."
With so many activities to accomplish, as I am sure all of you know, it is hard to stay focused and stay enthusiastic during these busy times. Am I going to have a job? Am I going to be able to pay for school? The list of questions that pass through our brains could be endless. This is why we have scriptures to know what type of words Jesus would say to us if we came with these questions. The twelve apostles came to Christ with these questions when He called them to be traveling disciples and witnesses of the Messiah. Where shall we sleep? Where shall we eat? How can we take all of our clothes with us? Christ's response to them is found in Matthew 6:28 "And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin..." Do the beautiful flowers that grow ever ask, "Where am I going to receive water? What if the Sun doesn't come out?" If the the flowers never have to ask, why should we? Especially when we do what our Heavenly Parents say, we will be provided everything that we will need. I felt extreme gratitude this week as I saw the hand of the Lord in my life. As He provided me employment, as He gave me my daily bread for a while, I am at peace that even when trials come, God loves His Children. Even though, like any good parents, He wants to see us provide for ourselves, He will always extend the hand when we need it. 

I hope this will touch at least one of you.

Devan Alder    






1 comment:

  1. Acidmath psychedelic art android wallpapers and backgrounds are free to download to your home or lock screen.Acidmath has an artistic community dota 2 logo wallpapers

    ReplyDelete