Pages

Monday, October 5, 2015

Éste es mi Gozo

"This is my joy." This is from Alma 29:9-10. 
Just yesterday I had the grand opportunity and honor to baptize Juan Cordero. One of God´s sons. And just as it says in Alma 29. I can´t boast of myself (There is no way I am human and the scriptures say I am the dust of the earth) but I will boast of my God.

He and His glorious spirit converted this man. Just a little bit about him. He is about 40 years old, divorced, has a little girl of 6, and he is probably the craziest person I have ever met. But he is so close to the spirit. Everytime he talks about the church he feels something the spirit so stong that he is stopped in his words. (
He also thinks that I can´t understand anything he says but that´s not entirely true!) But he was prepared by the Lord. He came to preisthood session of conference with Elder Barney and I, and all he wants to do is serve his nieghbors. He is a blessed soul. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time and he was okay with me baptizing him.
And one of our first lessons we learned as missionaries here in Guayquil Sur Misión is that our work doesn´t end in the waters of baptism, our work ends at the doors of the temple.
So in one year, that´s the goal!

This is why this mission is so great! The people here are so close to the spirit that when they hear the truth, they instantly want more and to be baptized. That is also why the goal here for invations to baptism Daily is 8. How bold, we have just met you for 5 minutes, maybe know your name and we are inviting you to be baptized. Go Loja! This is probably a really big area for two sets of Elders and two sets of Hermanas. But the Lord is helping us every step of the way! Our zone had 5 baptisms this week! One was a 9month (I´m pretty sure nine month because she could hardly walk) pregnant lady. Can you imagine what we did in that situation? And also I got to sing "When I am baptized" (I think that`s the name, I`m translating) in Spanish (The "I like to look for rainbows" one) Was it perfect? Absolutely not (Back to the nothing thing haha) but I had fun!
Now let`s all press on in the work of the Lord! So grateful for this absolutely maravilloso (because I can´t spell that in English) experience for a little 2 weeker in Ecuador. The rest of Alma 29 says something like this: That I may bring one of my brethren to the Lord. Now this is my Joy because I remember how merciful God has been to me.

I can´t do any of this without His help. Especially in spanish, my words without the spirit, as Paul explained it, a twinkling of a trumpet (so just nothing anyone wants to hear) I testify with all my heart, might, mind, and strength that This is the Gospel of Jesus the Christ. He lives. He loves you. And He is at the helm of this Church. The ability to participate in this work is wonderful. I know without a doubt in my mind that this is His work and His glory to bring about the immortality and eternal life of man. I am lifted up by him everyday. And lifted by the many prayers in my behalf and for His children. Thank you! Shout out to my wonderful family who raised me. Shout out to the people who have made me who I am today. And shout out to my mom: The apostles, your family, and I love you!

Les quiero mucho
Elder Alder




Ceviche de Camaron (this looks amazing!)


No comments:

Post a Comment